About Rainbow Theater
Rainbow Theater’s Services
• Workshops facilitated by Rainbow Theater students who
introduce theater from a historical perspective
• Students engage in theater games and improvisations to
help understand expression and theatrical technique
• Students participate in a discussion about higher education,
social life, academics, and cultural awareness
• Provide an analytical perspective on plays and playwrights of color
• Educates students on the history of theater with an emphasis on
African American, Chicano/Latino, and Asian American
playwrights, actors, directors and their presence in communities around the world
• Brings multicultural theater to various high schools in Los Angeles and Bay Area
• Offers information regarding the UC system and admissions as well as information on higher education as a whole, students host question and answer panel regarding college life and academics
Chicano/Latino: Focuses on social, cultural, spiritual and community issues that are affecting the Chicano/Latino community.
African American: Focuses on social, cultural, spiritual and community issues that are affecting the African American community.
Asian American: Focuses on social, cultural, spiritual and community issues that are affecting the Asian American community.
Poet’s Corner: A collaborative effort in which a group of students writes their own original work and presents it on stage.
Fifth Element: A two act play that focuses on social, cultural, spiritual and community issues that are affecting communities of color.
Dance Troupe: The dance production is a compilation of the many different styles of dance encompassed by the diverse group of students who produce it/
Rainbow theater class information
Class Schedule: (breakout rehearsals not included)
Fulfill's GE requirements:
T4-Humanities and Arts, E, ER
5-units or 2-units
"you really inspired us toward a better future..no matter what past we have." -jasmine galeana
rainbow II cultural studies class information
Our Rainbow II class discusses a wide array of multicultural plays. As a collective, the students decide which plays will be performed for Rainbow Theater in the following year of productions.
Please stay tuned for our Spring schedule!